04 novembre 2009

Of being lucky to work for mid-sized company...


  • As a IT addict I'm on the process of moving my personnal computer at home from MS Windows XP to Windows 7... I'll assume the consequences !

  • Due to the mass marketing on this product from Microsoft, I have some private clients requesting - and insisting -to come in order to switch toward this new system... I'll not complain : they'll have a backup of their data made by me , and by reformating the computer from scratch , they'll feel to have a faster computer... and they'll pay me !

  • On my main job activity I 'll not . Why ? because I'm lucky enough working for a midsize company which is not rich enough to jump immediately on every new blinking solution ! That's said, I'll do my way : setup one computer with all application; test them all; chose one   test user  and work with him on this new setup; and IF SUCCESS, we'll plan to implement it slowly...  until then the company will not spend a cent , will not have lost data, end user will not be disturbed... My point of view will remains " better to have a little old system that works , than jumping on the unknown".
 My key goal about Windows 7 for now ? convince all requester (from enduser to managers) that it has to be done with methode and not in emergency, despite the internet and media buzz !

What do you think of my position ?

Aucun commentaire: